The entire ventilation system was designed using computational fluid dynamic modelling and wind tunnel tests. This helmet is highly efficient at removing heat and moisture from the rider's head. Thanks to its large rear spoiler, the Pista GP boasts first class performance in terms of aerodynamic penetration and high speed stability. Overall, the visor aperture is 9% bigger meaning a 15 ° improvement in vision which obviously enhances the active safety factor.
The fit of the Pista GP was developed using "Human Engineering" whereby the design starts from the surfaces in contact with the wearer's head. The inside of the helmet starts with a concave 3D structure that is pre-shaped to match the contours of the rider's head and any surfaces in contact with the head are stitch-free. The Lycra® and Shalimar® sanitized internal components are fully adjustable due to the fact that the position and depth of the crown pad can be modified as can the thickness of the cheek pads. The combination of these solutions, which are covered by three separate patents, make the Pista GP fit the different cranial shapes as never before.
- External shell in CA (100% Carbon fiber) in 4 sizes. Inner EPS shell in 4 sizes
- IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) ventilation with large air ducts hollowed into the shell and vents which direct air to the rider's head
- Ventilation system optimised in wind tunnel and consisting of 4 front vents (3 at the top and 1 on the chin guard) and 2 rear extractors
- Air intakes with protective metal frames and mesh are in the "always open" position.
- Racing plugs are available for bad weather
- Large rear spoiler optimised in a wind tunnel to maximise aerodynamic performance and ventilation, even at high speed. Spoiler designed to detach from the helmet in the event of an accident to increase passive safety
- New visor mechanism in metal with swivel opening. Rapid visor release system requiring no tools and allowing the visor to be removed and replaced in seconds
- Visor Lock System (VLS) that reduces the risk of accidental opening in the event of an accident. The visor meets Class 1 optical standards with a thickness up to 3.3 mm
- Breathable, micro-perforated Lycra® crown pad with concave 3D structure that is pre-shaped in a single piece moulded around the contours of the rider's head thanks to Rabbit System.
- No stitching in sensitive areas and padded with multi-density foam. Option of personalising the fit of the crown pad. Can be customised at the area around the back of the neck with the insertion of a removable foam pad
- 3D Shalimar® cheek pads with multi-density foam. Inner liners covered by three patents. Possibility to customize cheek pads fit with the removable foam inserts.
- Removable nose guard. Double D retention system
- Additional Information
SKU agv-pista-gp-gran-permio-uk Manufacturer AGV Product Group Full Face Helmets