Blue Shield is designed for use on new pipes only. Inside of pipes must be clean and free from oil. If dirt and oil are present, clean with alcohol or solvent. Do not use alcohol or solvent on pipes with fiberglass baffles.
- Shake of stir coating cement well.
- Cover one end of pipe with duct tape. (If coating pipes with muffler, cover muffler end first.)
- Pour contents of bottle into open end of pipe. (If coating pipes with muffler, hold pipe at an adequate angle to ensure no Blue Shield enters the muffler baffle.)
- Cover open end of pipe with duct tape and rotate until inside of pipe is evenly coated.
- Remove tape and drain excess Blue Shield, collecting it for reuse. Hang pipe with filler end down for 1 hour. Air dry in warm, dry area of 6-12 hours, or oven dry at 150-175 degrees for 1 hour.
- Apply a second coat following the same steps.
- Remove any excess Blue Shield on outside of pipe by knocking off with a blunt object.
- Wash hands and clothing thoroughly after applying Blue Shield.