Corresponds with KTM part number: 79011153000
Lithium-ion batteries JMT, Hightech for your motorcycle.
The latest generation batteries identified by the red cover.
- Battery is equipped with one or more spacers, which are taped with adhesive strip under the battery so that the battery fits exactly into the battery box.
- The battery is completely waterproof and is not damaged when the motorcycle is washed with high pressure.
- All batteries have a battery status - equipped Indicator.
- Simply press the test button. Lights every 3 blue LEDs on the battery fully (ful) is loaded. Lights 2 LEDs, it is charged only half (med). At the latest when only one LED (low), the battery must be charged.
- Battery is equipped with four pole terminals. Depending on which way round incorporating the battery, the positive terminal is located to the left or right, thereby the battery replaced many conventional lead-acid batteries in use.
By replacing a standard lead-acid battery with a JMT lithium-ion battery up to 5 kg in weight can be saved, without any appreciable effort.
Following advantages speak for JMT lithium-ion batteries:
- About 1/3 of the weight of comparable lead acid battery
- Unbeatable ratio of cost / weight saving
- Because in any position mountable no acid
- Contains no heavy metals
- Balanced discharge / charge of all cells by Balancer
- Fast charging with high charging current (up to 90% in 6 min)
- Very low self-discharge (max. 5% per month)
- Even at high temperatures still good performance up to 60 ° C
- Safe technology and high durability
Lead-acid batteries can be used only 30% of its capacity due to the specific characteristics, while nearly 100% of the capacity can be used in lithium ion batteries.
- For this reason, lithium version of JMT batteries for the same starting power need only 1/3 of the capacity of a comparable lead-acid battery.
- A steady state of charge of all cells is also ensured by a built-in processor ( "balancer").
- The dimensions of lithium-ion batteries comply with the help of adapters with a size of original lead-acid batteries.
- The ports are the same, so the battery can be replaced without further adjustments in a few minutes.
Please note that for charging only suitable chargers may be used. We recommend JMP chargers. The maximum recommended load currents, refer to the technical data below.
There was no way of chargers may be used, trying to desulfate deeply discharged batteries with 10 volts with a voltage of more than 14.9 volts, before they start the actual charge. The maximum charging voltage of 14.9 volts may be exceeded in any case. Risk of explosion.
The manufacturer guarantees a sufficient initial capacity of up to -5 degrees Celsius.
- JMT use lithium-ion batteries as a cathode material iron phosphate (LiFePO4), and use the lithium-polymer process in the manufacture.
- This allows them to rise even explode either in flames during normal operation.
- The technology and the manufacturing process ensure the highest safety standards for lithium batteries.
- 12 V maintenance-free lithium-ion battery
- Recommended charging current 2.0A
- Maximum charge current for fast charging 20 A