Yet another sport touring radial tyre breakthrough from Michelin: With MICHELIN Pilot Road 4 tyres on your motorcycle, you can ride with more confidence, whatever the conditions - rain or shine...
- The new MICHELIN Pilot Road 4 GT tyre has been succesfully homologated on BMW R 12000 RT and will equip 40% of its new models.
- MICHELIN 2AT provides extra stability for heavier loads. Whether you are riding your GT-class bike solo, 2-up or with luggage, you'll appreciate the added stability provided by MICHELIN's new 2AT technology. With MICHELIN 2AT technology, your heavy touring bike will feel stable and secure in both straight line and cornering situations.
- Stops faster thanks to new XST+ sipes, MICHELIN Pilot Road 4 tyres stop faster in the wet than any other tyres in the category. But don't just take our word for it. Independent tests prove it.** The MICHELIN Pilot Road 4 tyre stops 17% faster than its closest competitor on wet roads, and 24% faster on a wet slippery surface such as a pedestrian crossing or painted lines. All of which means, riding in the rain should feel safer and more secure, and a lot less stressful.
- Lasts longer thanks to improved 2CT technology, new MICHELIN Pilot Road 4 tyres last up to 20% longer than the MICHELIN Pilot Road 3 tyres***. Over the long run, that adds up to fewer tyre changes and a lower total cost of ownership.
- Grips the road in virtually all conditions. All-new silica-charged rubber compounds were developed for the MICHELIN Pilot Road 4 tyres. These compounds are specially formulated to provide excellent grip on a wide range of road surfaces, including painted lines and pedestrian crossings, making it easier for you to ride with confidence in virtually all conditions.
*Excludes snow and ice and other extreme conditions
**Tests conducted for braking on wet surfaces and on slippery surfaces in July of 2013,
by Dekra Test Centre, with new and worn tyres after 47776 km. Tests compared the new MICHELIN Pilot Road 4 tire vs DUNLOP Sportmax Roadsmart II, METZELER Roadtec Z8 Interact M/O, PIRELLI Angel GT Gran Tourismo and BRIDGESTONE Battlax Sport Touring T30F tyres in dimensions 120/70 R 17 M/C 58W (front) and 180/55 ZR17 M/C 73W (rear). Results may vary depending on motorcycle type, operating conditions, and riding style of the rider. (4) Original Equipment on BMW R 1200 RT
***According internal tests made in 2013